A great letterhead design and a nice tribute to the musicians of the day!
WHEC commenced broadcasting at 8:00 pm on March 25th, 1925 from a studio located on the mezzanine floor of the Seneca Hotel in Rochester.
The station was owned and operated by the Hickson Electric Company and headed by engineer and radio pioneer Lawrence Hickson who built Rochester's first radio station WHQ and later WABO before building his own station.
The QSL letter, dated October 24, 1927, verified the reception of WHEC's "Sunset Hour" at 6:10 pm. It is interesting to note that the letter also confirmed WHEC's wavelength of 254.1 metres (1180 kHz) with a power of 500 watts "starting next week".
25th Anniversary of WHEC Radio
Click onto the image below for an interesting .pdf file of the WHEC 25th Anniversary Brochure (1950).
Callsign History :
WHIC at present on 1460 kHz.