The U.S. Armed Forces Radio Station WVDI commenced broadcasting in May 1943 on a frequency of 570 kHz with a power of 250 watts.
The interesting QSL letter above verified the impressive reception on the 19th June 1958 from a dxer in Sweden.
Although intended for the military personal situated at the U.S. Naval base in Chaguaramus, the 250 watt signal could also be heard faintly throughout the Island. The station also provided a platform for local Calypso musicians whose performances were broadcast and proved to be very popular.